last updated: Tuesday February 1st, 2011
Collection of Personal Information: In order to use or register with the Service, you may be asked to provide, or you may choose to upload, certain personally identifiable information about yourself ("PII"). PII can include your name, email address, physical address and payment information.
Collection of Non-Personal Information: In addition, we may also collect non-personally identifiable information, such as your usage of the Service, IP host address, pages viewed, interaction with the Service, computer specifications and other data, and may aggregate any information collected in a manner which does not identify any one person ("Non-PII").
Information Usage: We will only use your PII as described below, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the PII is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you or notification to you:
- We may use your PII to respond to your inquires or requests.
- We may share your PII with a Merchant, but only if sharing your PII with the Merchant is necessary in order for you to redeem your coupon. In most cases, we will not have to share your PII in this way.
- We may permit our back-end vendors and subcontractors to access your PII, but they are only permitted to do so in connection with performing services for us. They are not authorized by us to use the information for their own benefit.
- We may disclose PII as required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose PII to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for our services.
- We may transfer your PII in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Couposh or the division responsible for the services with which your PII is associated.
Non-PII or aggregate information may be shared with any number of parties, provided that such information shall not specifically identify you.
Social Media: You should be aware that PII which you voluntarily include and transmit online may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your PII once you choose to make it publicly accessible.
Security Practices: The security of your PII is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or information stored on the Service or our servers, will be completely free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers and your use of the Service demonstrates your assumption of this risk.
No Children under age 13: We have no intention of collecting PII from children under the age of 13. When we become aware that PII from a child under 13 has been collected without such child's parent or guardian's consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
Changes to policy; Opt-Out Process: We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from this policy at any time. However, if at any time in the future we plan to use PII in a way that differs from this policy, we will post such changes here and provide you the opportunity to opt-out of such differing uses. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to this policy means you accept such changes.
We give you the option to remove your PII from our list of active users completely. All unsubscribe or opt-out requests should be requested by replying to our emails with "unsubscribe" in the subject line, or you may send an email sent to us at email@example.com and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. We are not responsible for removing your PII from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Contact: For questions or concerns relating to privacy, we can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.